Rwanda’s creative scene is abuzz with the upcoming Trace Festival, set to take place at the Kigali Convention & Exhibition Village (KCEV) from October 20 to 22, 2023.
The Trace Festival is a three-day event that aims to showcase Rwandan creativity and the country’s thriving creative economy. The festival will celebrate various aspects of creativity, including music, entertainment, fashion, food, design, photography, arts & crafts, hair and beauty, home decor, and more.
The festival lineup features a mix of Rwandan and international musical talent. Notable highlights include:
- Rwandan headliners and hitmakers such as Bruce Melodie, Sema Sole, Angell Mutoni, Boy Chopper, Mike Kayihura, Tsonpa, Ish Kevin, and Kenny K-Shot.
- International artists, including special guest performer Nomcebo and fellow Trace Awards nominees like Roseline Layo, Gerilson Insrael, Soraia Ramos, Lisandro Cuxi, Donovan BTS, Gaei, Mik’l, and Goulam.
- Exciting DJ performances by DJ Illans, DJ Hottempah Collective, DJ Fans-T, DJ Higa, DJ Rusam, and DJ Irah.
- A Sunday “Block Party” to close the festival, featuring both Rwandan and international artists.
- A focus on fashion and beauty, including showcases, tutorials, beauty treatments, and Trace Awards-inspired looks.
- A gospel concert on Sunday with performances by The Soweto Gospel Choir, Benjamin Dube, KS Bloom, and local talents.
- An array of shopping opportunities from Rwandan brands and creators.
- Delicious food options from various food vendors.
- Engaging conference sessions on topics like music rights, the edutainment revolution, the creative economy, sustainable fashion, songwriting, content creation, and more.
The Trace Festival kicks off on Friday, October 20, at 16:00 and runs until Sunday, October 22, at 20:00. Tickets are available for 2,500 RWF (under 18) and 5,000 RWF (over 18) through their website.