With the SUPER SAVER service, Airtel mobile money customers can save and fix money using their mobile money account.
#1. Airtel Super Saver: what is it?
A SUPER SAVER service, available to all Airtel mobile money customers, allows customers to save and fix money using Airtel mobile money.
#2. How do I subscribe to SUPER SAVER?
To subscribe to SUPER SAVER service, dial *185*7*11#.
#3. How do I qualify for SUPER SAVER?
Customers must have a valid Airtel Money Simcard with sufficient funds in their Airtel Money account where they wish to save.
#4. What makes SUPERSAVER so special?
Customers of Airtel can take advantage of this new savings product to save money without having to open a bank account or even visit a bank to save while achieving their goals.
- Advertisement -
#5. Why should I use SUPER SAVER?
Airtel Super saver offers two types of savings products: Regular savings and fixed deposits.
- Customers can choose Regular Savings by dialling *185*7*11#.
- Deposits can be made at any time as low as UGX 500.
- 5% interest is earned per annum and paid weekly to the customer’s savings account.
- Airtel money wallet customers can deposit money for free.
- Customers can view a mini statement (including deposits, withdrawals, and rewards) by dialling *185*7*11#.
- The customer can close the Regular savings account at any time and will receive a confirmation SMS.
- There is no limit to the life of the savings account.
- There are no set-up fees or minimum balance requirements.
- To register, dial *185*7*11#.
- No fees or penalties apply to withdrawals from Regular savings accounts.
- *185*7*11# will offer customers the option to choose a fixed deposit.
- Deposits are free to customers on fixed deposits, with a minimum deposit of UGX250,000 and a fixed tenure period.
- The customer can choose to fix their funds to 3, 6 or 12 months in the fixed deposit account.
- Customers will earn interest based on selected tenor period which is 3 months =8%, 6months =8.5%, 12months=9% per annum.
- Interest will be earned based on the selected tenor period, which is 3 months = 8%, 6 months = 8.5%, and 12 months = 9%.
- At the end of the tenure period, interest will be paid.
- There will be no transaction fees for deposits or withdrawals from the fixed deposit account.
- You can view your fixed deposit balance by dialling *185*7*11#.
- Fixed deposit accounts can be closed at any time by the customer. They will receive a notification by SMS.
- Customers can register by dialling *185*7*11#.
- Fixed accounts have no end date. There is no limit to the life of a fixed account.
#6. How will I know if a transaction is rejected or failed?
You will receive an SMS notification.
#7. How do I get in touch with SUPERSAVER if I have any questions?
You can visit any of the Airtel service centres nationwide, call the 24/7hr call centre or send a message on one of the social media pages.