A spokesperson for MultiChoice Uganda, Joan Semanda, announced today that subscription fees for both DSTV and GOTV have gone up. She attributed the rise to a more challenging operating climate for the company.
KAMPALA | LIFESTYLE UGANDA (https://lifestyleuganda.com/) — Joan Semanda, the Public Relations and Communications Manager at MultiChoice Uganda, announced today that MultiChoice Uganda has increased subscription fees for DSTV and GOTV, attributing the increase to the challenging operating climate for the business.
- DSTV, GOTV subscription fees rise: Here’s what’s new.
- Multichoice Uganda announced the new price increases on 1st September.
- Premium is now available for UGX 239,000, an increase from UGX 227,000.
- The cheapest plan on DSTV is now available for UGX 37,000, an increase from UGX 35,000.
- Visit the https://www.lifestyleug.com/ homepage for more stories like this.
- The article is sponsored by MAMA MOTORS. For car deals, call or WhatsApp +256754863448.
The new price hikes will be effective from 1st September, according to Multichoice Uganda.
As Joan Semanda pointed out in an e-mail to New Vision, DSTV and GOTV both adjusted the price of some of their packages for 2021.
”The rate of inflation among consumers and present economic pressures faced by Ugandans have been taken into account when determining the annual price adjustments,” she said.
She explained that DSTV and GOTV are adjusting fees by 6% to accommodate Ugandan customers and that they are trying to keep increases below inflation wherever possible.
”In the updated fee schedule, the company has adjusted fees by 6% on average for customers of DSTV and GOTV. DSTV and GOTV acknowledge that Ugandan consumers remain under extreme pressure, and they have intended to keep price increases below inflation wherever possible,” she added.
DSTV premium now costs UGX 239,000, up from UGX 227,000, while the most affordable package now costs UGX 37,000, up from UGX 35,000.
The monthly subscription fee for GOTV Lite will increase to UGX 13,000 in September from UGX 12,000 from now on. And if you’re paying for three months (quarterly), the fee will increase to UGX 31,000 from UGX 28,000.