Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu or Bobi Wine now joins Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, and two former Army generals; Mugisha Muntu and Henry Tumukunde running for President of Uganda.
Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu, known to many by his pseudonym HE Bobi Wine, has been allowed to run for president of Uganda by the ”independent” Electoral commission.
- Kyagulanyi Ssentamu was announced as the presidential candidate at 11:13 a.m.
- He joins incumbent Yoweri Kaguta Museveni and two former army generals.
- EC cleared the other two Independent Fred Mwesigye and Joseph Kabuleta.
- Interested in Prophesy, visit Lifestyle Uganda homepage to learn more about Elvis Mbonye.
Kyagulanyi Ssentamu was announced as the presidential candidate at 11:13 a.m. The head of the Electoral Commission, Judge Simon Mugenyi Byabakama, announced his candidacy.
He warned against holding processions and waving people through the open roof of his vehicle. “As the issue of COVID-19 still exists in the country, we must avoid crowds.”
Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu now joins incumbent Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, and two former army generals Mugisha Muntu and Henry Tumukunde who are running for President of Uganda (one of the top spot in the country).
All three were verified on Monday, November 2nd.
Kyagulanyi Ssentamu rose from a musician to become a Member of Parliament for Kyadondo East constituency in Wakiso district and is now the leader of the National Unity Platform Party.
One day among presidential candidates, two candidates; Nancy Kalambe and John Katumba; They were diverted due to lack of all the required details by Uganda’s Electoral Commission.
In addition to Kyagulanyi Ssentamu, there others who were expected to show nominations on Tuesday; Independent Willy Mayambala and Forum for Democratic Change Amuriat Oboi Patrick. Later that evening, EC cleared the other two Independent Fred Mwesigye and Joseph Kizza Kabuleta.
More candidates may be allowed by the Electoral Commission to receive candidates. Electoral Commission spokesman Paul Bukenya told journalists this week that more candidates would be admitted.
A total of 13 candidates have submitted their forms and are under scrutiny. The Electoral Commission decided to start with the 10 candidates admitted by Thursday last week.
Bukenya said, “Those that have not yet been verified and cleared still stand a chance (they will be allowed to show their candidacy).”